Oasis Integrative Medicine Practice Philosophy:
“Caring, Comprehensive, Evidence Based Medicine.”
About Our Philosophy:
The practice philosophy of integrative medicine is based upon a recognition and appreciation of the wholeness of each individual person. This is only possible if that person is viewed from a biological, psychological, social and spiritual perspective. Integrative medicine is primarily healing oriented, with the doctor/patient relationship at its core. It believes in offering the least invasive, least toxic, and least costly methods to help patients achieve and maintain a state of optimal health. Integrative Medicine believes in using the best of both worlds; allopathic (conventional/traditional) and complementary practices.
The real meaning of heath comes from the Old English word “Hal,” which is translated to mean wholeness, soundness or spiritual wellness. The terms Holistic and holistic medicine are also derived from “Hal.” The word “Health” is defined as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity” by the World Health Organization.
Part of Oasis Integrative Medicine Practice Philosophy is the realization that the patients who want to know more about their own health condition and want to personally participate more directly and actively in achieving better health are most often the ones who get well more quickly and the resultant positive health outcomes last for a longer time.
Many conventional medical practitioners have strayed from some of the original doctrines of medicine as outlined by Hippocrates, the Greek philosopher and physician and “Father of Medicine,” who is quoted as saying: “Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food.” The Integrative Physician’s philosophy follows the same line of thought, knowing that in order to be an effective practitioner of healing and restoring health they must understand health at the personal level of their patients.
Oasis Integrative Medicine is dedicated to helping patients find their true health and vitality. A caring healing environment is felt from the very first time a patient calls to make an appointment. Every patient is made to feel like part of the Oasis Integrative Medicine Family.
- Dr. David A. Gentile and his staff are always looking for better ways to serve their patient’s needs.
- Dr. Dave™ takes his time with patients to make sure that they are getting the very best personal care they can get.
- Each visit is a chance for patients to get closer to their health goals.
- The first visit consists of a thorough consultation and exam.
- Oasis Integrative Medicine uses a combination of cutting-edge science and state-of-the-art technology while embracing centuries of wisdom from all healing cultures.
- Our goal at Oasis Integrative Medicine is to help patients find new and positive ways of meeting their health goals.