Intravenous Therapy (aka, IV Therapy or Drip Therapy) is the administration, or infusion, of liquid substances directly into a vein. IV Therapies typically contain a combination of vitamins (may include Vitamin B-12, B complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, etc.) minerals (Calcium, Magnesium, etc.), anti-oxidants and amino acids, but may also contain custom formulations, often referred to as specialty pharmaceuticals.
These beneficial fluids are typically given in larger doses than are present in oral supplements. Using Vitamin C as an example, when given intravenously it is almost 300 times a normal oral dose and this produces a much more dramatic therapeutic effect for the patient.
The entire procedure typically takes approximately an hour or less, and the IV solution is administered slowly, over a period of 20-30 minutes. Many patients have IV Therapy treatments on a weekly basis.
IV Therapy is useful in treating the following conditions:
- Sports Performance
- Acute and Chronic Illnesses
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (with or without Epstein-Barr virus)
- Chronic Depression
- Respiratory Problems
- Acute or Chronic Asthma
- Type 2 Diabetes or diabetes symptoms
- Headaches (migraine and tension)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nicotine withdrawal (from quitting smoking)
- Adjunctive Cancer Treatments
IV Therapies offered by Dr. David A. Gentile and Oasis Integrative Medicine include:
- High Dose Vitamin C – Intravenous high dose Vitamin C has proven to effectively treat many conditions including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. IV Vitamin C has a much greater effect on immune enhancement than the conventional oral Vitamin C administration. In addition, high levels of Vitamin C in the blood cause production of hydrogen peroxide, a known toxin that kills many cancer cells, including, melanoma, lymphoma, leukemia, breast cancer, basil cell carcinoma and the list goes on.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is a powerful antioxidant. It also increases levels of Vitamins C and E, coenzyme Q10, and glutathione. Alpha Lipoic Acid improves insulin sensitivity and improves blood sugar levels helping those with Type 2 Diabetes and Diabetic Neuropathy. ALA is also known to help patients to lose weight fast.
- Glutathione – Glutathione is an amino acid that is great for detoxification, mitochondrial repair, chronic diseases, chronic stress and anti-aging. Glutathione also acts as an antioxidant and an immune system booster. It’s something that can help your body repair damage caused by pollution, radiation, infections, drugs, poor diet, injury, trauma, and even burns?
- Myers’ Cocktail – Myers’ Cocktail is a mix of vitamins and minerals to enhance your immune system, treat fatigue, and reduce Fibromyalgia symptoms and a variety of other chronic medical problems.
- Customized Formulations – Patient centered therapies, based on blood work, history and evidence-based physical examination. These formulations may also be adjusted to help patients recover from radiation and chemotherapy greatly relieving their symptoms.
IV Therapies are not only for those who are ill, malnourished or suffering from some sort of condition. For healthy individuals, IV Therapy is great for boosting overall health and as a preventative for many ailments and afflictions including curing headaches.